- We always use vehicles which satisfy current EU emission standards.
- New vehicles must comply with the latest standards.
- Our latest Scania trucks are fitted with Scania EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) technology, which reduces emissions at source.
- Old trucks are taken to a recycling plant to reduce environmental impact of disposal.
Efficient vehicle operation
- Fuel consumption figures are closely monitored to spot any potential problems.
- Our strict maintenance programme ensure reliable and efficient operation.
- A daily defect reporting system monitors fluid levels and tyre pressures (incorrect levels can increase fuel consumption and emissions).
- Disposed of in accordance with the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and the Environmental Protection (Duty of Care) Regulations 1991.
- IFL is licensed by the Department of the Environment to carry waste products.
- Hazardous goods are stored, handled and transported in accordance with current legislation.
- We employ a fully qualified Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor (DGSA).
- We conduct all business with due regard to local environmental considerations, including the avoidance of undue noise and disturbance to local residents.
- Training is made available to all members of staff on matters relating to the protection and preservation of the environment.