International Forwarding (IFL) is a customs clearance agent and Customs-accredited Authorised Economic Operator (AEO). We offer a complete range of inbound UK clearance services from our Birmingham and Dover Port offices, and port clearance services run 24/7. Our direct CHIEF/CDS link to HMRC usually results in a speedy clearance while Customs VAT/duty can be advanced on your behalf via our deferment account.
Customs clearance quotes
Please note: At present International Forwarding (IFL) is ONLY able to act as a customs broker if goods are under our direct control. We can only facilitate clearances on consignments that are moving on our services and not with third-party carriers.
So, if you are a UK company and wish us to move your freight either to or from the EU, we would be happy to quote for the same service, including customs documentation.
For European forwarding and groupage, get in touch for competitive tariffs and fast, flexible pallet delivery quotes:
For further help and information on our clearance services, contact:
Faster clearance on UK imports
- Hassle-free importing with dedicated 24/7 clearance services through our Dover Port office.
- Direct CHIEF/CDS link accessing HMRC’s trader import/export processing system for greater control over your cargo, resulting in speedier clearance.
- IFL is a Customs-accredited Authorised Economic Operator (AEO), which means a more secure international supply chain, and efficient and compliant controls and procedures.
- Import clearance services for most UK sea/air ports.
- Stop24 freight facility at Folkestone for Channel Tunnel traffic covered.
Customs clearance assistance
- Experienced staff can advise on customs procedure for your imports.
- Customs VAT/Duty can be advanced on your behalf via our deferment account, if required.
To help our customers manage new customs documentation requirements on their imports from and exports to the EU, check out our post-Brexit customs checklist [Jan 2021]. It contains a list of information we need for European road freight in order to minimise disruption to your shipments.