Groupage shipping offers a cost-effective way to send freight to and from the UK and Europe. Booking is easy – no automated phone systems, just straight talking and fast quotes from our experienced staff.
What are our groupage services?
The groupage services we offer are when we consolidate a range of goods, normally pallets and parcels, onto single or multiple pallets to create a single, more cost-effective shipment. We retain control of the entire delivery process, including tracking and electronic proof of delivery (PODs).
Whether you are looking for a detailed quotation on our groupage services or just have a question to ask, please get in touch. Call us now on +44 (0)1675 434690 or email email@example.com.
- Frequent groupage transport available in the UK and across Europe.
- Can be tied into our other services, such as air cargo and sea freight.
- Flexibility allows us to use a number of carriers including our own fleet.
- Consolidating freight reduces overall shipping costs for our customers.
- All bookings are handled by real people and not automated phone systems.
- We manage every stage from booking to delivery via our IT systems. Discrepancies are dealt with immediately.
- Tariffs costs are based on your own individual requirements.
- Pallet/parcel size and weight, destination and delivery time affect prices.
- Flexibility – we can schedule delivery for a specific date and time.
- Full track and trace facilities and proof of delivery available where required.
- On regular consignments, we offer an EDI facility (electronic data interchange) so you can place orders directly.
- High levels of customer service.
- Personal account manager for key accounts.
- Services in more than 10 countries across Europe.
- A cost-effective ‘one-stop shop’ for exporters or importers with customers or suppliers in several European countries.
- Attractive volume discounts available to customers with frequent shipments.
- Our Platinum membership of Palletways gives access to Europe transport network for fast transit times on a daily basis for single pallet deliveries.
- Barcode tracking system gives real-time information about your consignment.
How much does it cost?
Groupage is a great way to save on transport costs. Pricing takes into account the size, weight and collection/ delivery address of your goods. The more flexible you are on delivery times the lower the freight rates will be. For a tailored quote, click the ‘Get a quote’ button, call us on +44 (0)1675 434690 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How should I supply my freight to you?
Palletised freight is the most effective way to reduce transport costs and minimise the risk of damage. Goods despatched by groupage services will be transhipped en route and the pallets must be strong enough to withstand the risks associated with moving between different types of transport. Facilities are also available for loose goods suitably packed for transport.
What are the size and weight restrictions?
Goods exceeding 3m in length and 1,200kg as a single lift will be subject to additional costs.
When do you collect the freight?
Collections can be arranged during normal working hours, Monday to Friday, and at other times or weekends by arrangement.
Can you arrange customs clearance?
IFL has Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) accreditation with HM Customs & Excise. We also have our own office in Dover specialising in export and import customs clearance. Currently goods to and from the EU are not subject to customs control but if this changes post-Brexit we are ready to handle the customs procedures.