Groupage shipping offers a cost-effective way to send freight to and from the UK and Europe. Booking is easy – no automated phone systems, just straight talking and fast quotes from our experienced staff.
What are groupage services?
Our groupage services are when we consolidate a range of goods, normally pallets and parcels, onto single or multiple pallets to create a single, more cost-effective shipment. We retain control of the entire delivery process, including tracking and electronic proof of delivery (PODs).
Whether you are looking for a detailed quotation on our groupage services or just have a question to ask, please get in touch. Call us now on +44 (0)1675 434690 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Frequent groupage transport available in the UK and across Europe.
- Can be tied into our other services, such as air cargo and sea freight.
- Flexibility allows us to use a number of carriers including our own fleet.
- Consolidating freight reduces overall shipping costs for our customers.
- All bookings are handled by real people and not automated phone systems.
- We manage every stage from booking to delivery via our IT systems. Discrepancies are dealt with immediately.
- Tariffs costs are based on your own individual requirements.
- Pallet/parcel size and weight, destination and delivery time affect prices.
- Flexibility – we can schedule delivery for a specific date and time.
- Full track and trace facilities and proof of delivery available where required.
- On regular consignments, we offer an EDI facility (electronic data interchange) so you can place orders directly.
- High levels of customer service.
- Personal account manager for key accounts.
- Services across mainland Europe.
- We offer a cost-effective ‘one-stop shop’ for exporters or importers.
- Volume discounts available to customers with frequent shipments.
- Total control from supplier to consignee.
How much does it cost?
Groupage is a great way to save on transport costs. Pricing takes into account the size, weight and collection / delivery address of your goods. The more flexible you are on delivery times the lower the freight rates will be. For a tailored quote, click the ‘Get a quote’ button, call us on +44 (0)1675 434690 or email email@example.com.
How should I supply my freight to you?
Palletised freight is the most effective way to reduce transport costs and minimise the risk of damage. Goods despatched by groupage services will be transhipped en route and the pallets must be strong enough to withstand the risks associated with moving between different types of transport. Facilities are also available for loose goods suitably packed for transport.
What are the size and weight restrictions?
Goods exceeding 3m in length and 1,200kg as a single lift will be subject to additional costs.
Find out more about UK pallets size and how oversized goods are charged.
When do you collect the freight?
Collections can be arranged during normal working hours, Monday to Friday, and at other times or weekends by arrangement.
Find out more about pallet collection and how it works.
Can you arrange customs clearance?
Yes. We offer customs clearance services through our Birmingham customs team or Dover agent who specialises in export and import clearances. IFL also has Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) accreditation with HM Customs & Excise.