Groupage offers a cost-effective way to send freight to and from the UK and Europe. Booking is easy – no automated phone systems, just straight talking and fast quotes from our experienced staff.
What is groupage transport?
Groupage is when we consolidate a range of goods, normally pallets and parcels, onto single or multiple pallets to create a single, more cost-effective shipment. We retain control of the entire delivery process, including tracking and electronic proof of delivery (PODs).
Benefits of groupage
- Frequent groupage transport available in the UK and across Europe.
- Can be tied into our other services, such as air cargo and sea freight.
- Flexibility allows us to use a number of carriers including our own fleet.
- Consolidating freight reduces overall shipping costs for our customers.
- All bookings handled by real people not automated phone systems.
- We manage every stage from booking to delivery via our IT systems. Discrepancies are dealt with immediately.
- Tariffs costed are based on your own individual requirements.
- Pallet/parcel size and weight, destination and delivery time affect prices.
- Flexibility – we can schedule delivery for a specific date and time.
- Full track and trace facilities and proof of delivery available where required.
- On regular consignments, we offer an EDI facility (electronic data interchange) so you can place orders directly.
- High levels of customer service.
- Personal account manager for key accounts.
- Services in more than 10 countries across Europe.
- A cost-effective ‘one-stop shop’ for exporters or importers with customers or suppliers in several European countries.
- Attractive volume discounts available to customers with frequent shipments.
- Our Platinum membership of Palletways gives access to Palletways Europe transport network for fast transit times on a daily basis for single pallet shipments.
- Barcode tracking system gives real-time information about your consignment.