A correctly loaded pallet will mean your goods are collected and delivered safely and in perfect condition, as you’d expect from an experienced freight forwarder.
Follow these short guidelines – or watch the two-minute video from Palletways below – to ensure safe, secure collection and delivery of your palletised freight.
Read: Top 10 tips to prepare your pallet
- Choose good quality pallets that are fit for purpose – the Palletways network of which IFL is a member handles your pallet 6-8 times during its journey
- Use a four-way-entry pallet as your pallet may be loaded using a tail-lift
- Ensure goods don’t overhang the pallet to avoid damage in transit
- Secure freight to the pallet using good quality banding for stability
- Fully wrap goods to protect the pallet from rain and other weather – as it may be delivered to uncovered outside areas
- Safely perform a push test to check the stability of your palletised freight – if goods move or topple, they are not safe to travel
- Clearly label quarter or half pallets with ‘Do not stack’ labels if goods are fragile or can’t be stacked on
- Declare the accurate total weight of your pallet to avoid incurring extra charges – the maximum weight limit for pallets booked online is 1000kg per pallet
- Label your pallet on both short and long sides with all key information – from/to addresses, contact details, etc.
- Listen to the driver – their say is final to ensure safe, secure pallet collection or delivery.
Watch: How to prepare a pallet for shipping
This short video covers the use of good quality pallets, how to put your items on the pallet and how to secure them once on the pallet.
Why choose IFL for pallet transport?
International Forwarding (IFL) has been shipping pallets around the UK and to Europe for more than 30 years. In that time, we’ve earned a reputation within the transport and logistics industry for being a highly reliable freight forwarder and a trusted transport partner for many UK businesses, in particular our import-export customers across Birmingham and the West Midlands.
And thanks to our long membership of Palletways – Europe’s largest palletised freight network – our customers also benefit from a UK-wide overnight delivery service as well as 400+ depots across Europe, with 23 hubs delivering to 24 countries.
Request a pallet delivery quote
And if you need to store your goods short or long-term, we offer bulk pallet storage at one of our large warehouse storage facilities in Birmingham and the West Midlands. Contact us to see how we can help you today.